Crosman bills the 1377C as an "American Classic" and I'd have to agree.
Much as Ruger 22 Pistols are to fire arms the Crosman 1377's immense popularity and long standing presence in the US Airgun Market Place, as well as available custom upgrades and tuning make this claim accurate.With over 600 fps in .177 caliber this portable and accurate pump up pnumatic offers target accuracy and small game pest elliminating power that has been appreciated by Americans since the original model 1300 Medalist II (22 caliber) debuted in 1970. In 1977 production switched to the 1377 in .177 caliber and 560 fps.
The 1377 was produced in a shoulder stock version as the 1388 from 1982-1988 with the current production 1377C introduced in 1998. With adjustable sights, a 10 & 1/4" barrell the current version is rated at over 600 fps or over 6 foot-pounds of energy.Practical for live quarry at distances of 20 yeards the 1377C performs like a small air rifle on close range (very small) game. I used to know a guide in Alaska who carried his 1377 on his snow machinge for take out close range ptarmigans. With adjustable sites it has great practicle accuracy and as a multi-pump pnumatic it's gentle report tends not to startle game. My friend claimed it ususally took 6 or more birds before the rest of the group even started to notice.
- Long site plane and decent adjustable sites help w/ accuracy.
- Muzzle heavy with ergonomic grip angle for good off-hand hold.
- Decent Trigger Pull.
- Nothing required but pellets and a willingness to pump.
- Exceptional power and value.
- Adjustable power.
- Great aftermaket and custom performance upgrade support.
- "Cheesey" look to current plastic forearm and stocks. (See note on upgrades.)
- Limitted range and authority compared to .22 caliber offerings.
- Scope mount is imparacticle without optional or aftermarket steel breach w/dovetail.
- Factory shoulder stock or custom replacement from Crooked Barn by Keith or RB Grips.
- Steel breach with dovetails for optical sight mounting.
- Trigger work.
- Port Polishing.
- Custom caliber conversion to .22 or .25 caliber.
Notes. Wide availability and $55.00 price range.